Total online 1457
 Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
  Articles >> Interviews : Paul - The bonkers artwork designer
Interviews
Interviews with artists, DJ's, promotors.
    Paul - The bonkers artwork designer
Author: DJ Triquatra
Rate this resource!
In a great interview HappyHardcore.com member DJ Triquatra managed to have a chat with the designer of the Bonkers CD artwork Paul.

Q: Paul, you've been the artist for bonkers for nearly all the cds, have you done artwork for any other cds?

I rarely do CD artwork, but illustrate for all sorts of other stuff: magazines, websites, storyboards for film & TV & commercials, posters, t-shirts, creature/character/monster design and various other things. I get around.

Q: The Bonkers cds are by far the most eyecatching on the shop shelves, how do you come up with your ideas?

I never come up with the initial theme of the design - it's usually briefed to me, but all the little gags and character ideas in there are from me. The Hannibal Lecter mask Sharkey wore on one cover is a favorite of mine.

Q: What sort of mediums and materials do you use?

Most of my artwork is generated the old fashioned way - by hand. The black & white linework is scanned in and then gets passed over to the wonderful Me Company who work their magic on it and create those whacked-out backgrounds. Their work is brilliant.

Q: So, what about the Bonkers covers that never were? any ideas that never got on the front?

The 'Teletubby Chainsaw Massacre'... no, I'm joking.

Q: Any other projects on the go at the moment that we can keep our eyes open for?

I just designed a range of toys based on characters from the 'Carry On' films, I've just started working with a US model kit manufacturer doing classic monster figures, and I'm designing a weird cartoon comedy show which will be at the Edinburgh Festival and in London later this year.

Q: Lastly, can we milk you for any information on the upcoming bonkers album?! ;)

I don't know if the Bonkers guys would want me to blow the surprise really, but let's just say it has something to do with ****** and *******.

Edit note: We had to remove the reference to the theme of the new bonkers album for legal reasons.
Added: 2005/04/08  Hits: 6188    Votes: 1  Rating: 

It took 0.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page